Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beach and Lake Fun

Beaches are one of my favorite places - I love the sound of the waves, the feel of warm sand on my feet, being buried in sand, the thrill of bodyboarding on wave after wave, constant sand blowing in my food making it crunchy, and watching my brothers forgetting to use sunscreen turning into lobsters by the end of the day who complain about the burns for the next week as how "It wasn't my fault I got so burned."

So, for those great memories, here is a beach layout that can also be used for fun on a lake. As you notice in one of the pictures, there is a seadoo and in another are a couple of ski boats, so I bet these were taken at a lake.

This layout uses Outdoors and More's Beach Accents and Beach Scene paper.

The Beach Scene paper was torn just below the blue ocean, so it includes just the beach part of the paper. I love this paper and it's too bad they tore off the ocean part, but because this is a layout for fun at a lake, palm trees and the sign saying "Beach" don't really fit, so that is why they did it this way. I think what they did was very ingenious to use the paper to fit their own needs. Good Job!

From the Beach Accents sticky-back die-cuts, they used the "Swimming," Sun Bathing," "Snorkling," and "Sand Castle" and stacked them in the bottom left corner under a heading that reads "What we did:". You can tell sand castles were a big part of their trip because they are trying to turn somebody into a giant sandcastle by burying him in the sand.

They also use the "Fun in the Sun" Beachball from the Beach Accents in the top left corner.

They framed their pictures, and added a couple of corner holders to one of the pictures and turned another picture into a tag with some ribbon through the tag hole.

This is a very nice layout, and it looks like they had a lot of fun. I wish I could give credit to where it is due, but this was sent to me with no name attached to it. When you send pictures, please include your name, where you are from, and a short description of what you did if you don't want to read my ramblings.

Thanks to whomever sent me this!

Hope this gave you some fun ideas about scrapping fun at the beach and lakes!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: